Savour, the gourmet food festival with all the Michelin-star and celebrity chefs, held at The Promontory @ Marina Bay this year. So with complimentary tickets, here are snippets of the event.
Tents housing the different chefs/restaurants
You have to purchase savour dollars in order to buy anything there. Buying $100 worth using stanchart credit card will earn you $10 more. Is $100 enough? Well, depends on your appetite. If you are going there with a (very) hungry stomach, then no.
Complimentary coffee, and you can choose the one you prefer
From Stellar @ 1 Altitude
Meat Lovers Platter
Smoked Wagyu Ribeye (for some strange reason, we had a hard time chewing), Kurobuta Pork Knuckles (in another words – roast pork, which was pretty good) and Braised Short Ribs (which was oh-so-delicious). Honestly, Stellar is pretty good. I have tried the food before and I would still say the same. If you wanna give it a try, restaurant week is round the corner. Go for the lunch deals!
From Lugdunum Bouchon Lyonnais
Peeking at the kitchen
House Made Blood Pork Sausage w Apples, Tatin’s Tart Style
Other than saying this looks really photogenic, sadly we don’t really know how to appreciate it. It’s… strange. haha
Seafood at Jason’s marketplace
Absolutely adore this photo I took. So artistic heh
Flavourerd Oysters Shooters
So amazing. Oysters were fresh and the taste was good.
The oysters were just sweet and fresh
Probably the most crowded stall in the marketplace
What’s a meal without desserts?
Hands up for English Earl, no doubt.
1. Go early. It helps. Lesser people, more seats. You get to meet the chefs and talk to them too, and also good lighting if you wanna take photos
2. I wouldn’t say it’s cheap. So be prepared to spend $6 for ONE xiao long bao. Expensive food, small palette.
3. Pack light. Insufficient tables. You probably end up standing around at a corner eating.
4. If you are still hungry after finishing your credits, just wander around in the marketplace. You will get what I mean…
5. Ticket costs $55 for lunch and $75 for dinner (inclusive of $30 credits) if you buy it at the booth located at the entrance. I wouldn’t get it if I were you. It’s just crazily expensive.
And for those who already bought/going soon, have fun! It’s an experience. Maybe you’ll meet someone famous there.